Monday, March 14, 2011

A call to (coat) arms

As we speak, the talented Quentin from Q. Design & Construction is building me some shelves and clothes rail.

While my vintage wooden ladder & pedestal combo currently housing the clothes looks fab, it is a little clumsy for adult sized clothes hangers.

The current shelving is also limited. While the salvaged spotted gum is very pretty, Husband and friend had a go at the shelving when I first opened but, unfortunately, their enthusiasm exceeded their skill and the result is a very wobbly shelf and more than one too many additional holes in the wall.

By the end of today we will have some lovely new shelves and a clothes rail as well, so now I have to fill it!!

I need to rally some wonderful makers, so this is my call to (coat) arms for all of those wonderful clothes makers out there who would be willing to put some stock in, on consignment in the first instance. Dresses, cardigans, jumpers, scarves, hats.....both adults and kids.

If you make them or know of anyone who does, I'd love to see some images. They can be emailed direct to rachael@makerhandmade.com.au .

No comments:

Post a Comment